Michael Mowla is admitted to practice law in Texas, New York, the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and all federal district courts in the State of Texas. His principal office is in Dallas.
Mowla represents clients on appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Second Circuit. He also represents clients on appeal in all Texas courts of appeal, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, and the Supreme Court of Texas. In addition, he represents clients in both federal and Texas courts at trial who have been accused of any felony. Finally, Mowla represents clients on postconviction habeas corpus. Mowla represents clients accused or convicted of a wide range of offenses, including capital murder, murder, manslaughter, aggravated assault, robbery, sexual offenses, theft, possession or delivery of a controlled substance, financial crimes, driving while intoxicated, burglary, solicitation offenses, engaging in organized criminal activity, mail fraud, federal drug crimes, money laundering, affecting or obstructing commerce by robbery, probation revocation cases, sexual exploitation, and firearms offenses.
Mowla also represents clients in federal and state civil cases, both at trial and on appeal.
- Board Certified in Criminal Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court – Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Western District of Texas
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
- Author of the Significant Decisions Report, an analysis of published cases handed down by the Supreme Court of the United States, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, and the Texas Courts of Appeals, published monthly by the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Contributing author of Texas DWI Manual, James Publishing
- Continuing Legal Education presentations: Legal Malpractice (2012); Vehicular Crimes (2013); Padilla and Deportable Offenses (2013); Caselaw Update (2014); Preserving Error for Appellate Review (2014); McNeely – Defense Perspective (2014); Electronic Evidence (2014-2017); State and Federal Habeas Corpus (2015-2018); DWI Caselaw Update (2015-2016); Appellate Issues (2015); Social Media (2016-2017); DWI Caselaw Update (2016); Junk Science (2017)